Tuesday 7 August 2007

Day 18. Monday 23rd July 2007

NEHBANDAN, IRAN – DALBANDIN, PAKISTAN.

Last day in Iran and feeling a bit sad to leave but also a bit excited to be getting nearer to India.

It’s been miles too hot today – as soon as I crossed the Iranian mountains to enter Pakistan, I could feel the temperature rising like an oven. Even the wind seems to burn as you ride along, no relief from the heat at all.

The roads leading out of Iran are good but then things deteriorate a bit when entering Pakistan. Very soon I realise I have to be a lot more vigilant because there are plenty of holes to fall into if your not careful.

XS is being a beauty – not putting a foot wrong.

I asked 2 chaps directions to a hotel and after telling me they asked for gifts. This is the first time since leaving home that someone has asked for something in return for being helpful.

The little town reminds me of India – hot, dusty and noisy. Although the cook at the hotel looked a bit baffled when I asked him for something vegetarian, he soon set to and produced a very tasty spread. (Jonny Krause)

No comments: