Monday 6 August 2007

Day 17. Sunday 22nd July 2007

ESLAM QUAL’EH, IRAN - NEHBANDAN, IRAN.

The roads continue to be really good and this is reflected in another 430 miles today. The sun is getting stronger and my hands and wrists have burnt a bit today. I usually wear gloves but I found that they were stuck on my hands because of sweating so much and when I eventually pulled them off I could not get them back on again.

I stopped at a small garage which gave XS an oil change and we fitted her new filter also. There must have been 10 men all trying to join in on the job, so I hope that thing about ‘Too many cooks..’ isn’t true in this case. Interestingly there was also a customers 1960’s Yamaha YL2 being worked on, so I captured a picture of 2 old Japanese machines together in Iran.

I will sleep at a Mosque again tonight as they are right on the main road and they seem to be clean and safe and the folks don’t mind me being there at all. (Jonny Krause)

No comments: